Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Advocating for Your Medically Complicated Patient While Hospitalized

My family should just laminate a neon bright poster to put on the hospital door that says,

*WARNING* complicated patient

With that should come a list of directions:
  • Read file FIRST
  • Check all labs FIRST
  • Dear Resident if you are in over your head, we understand, just own up to it rather than try to bluff through.
  • This is a TEAM effort if you can't deal with that pass this room.
  • Thank you!
Recently I was in the hospital and vlogged while there about how I was working to advocate for myself and my complicated medical situation.

Staying as healthy as possible is our goal! How do you help keep your hospitalizations on task and working toward a mutual goal of health and stability?

No comments:

Post a Comment