National Wish Organizations
- Believe In Tomorrow National Children's FoundationOur programs and services help children with life-threatening illnesses believe in hope, joy and the promise of tomorrow. Our foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life for critically ill children and their families through three unique programs. Serving over 38,000 children each year, we have become a national leader in pediatric support services that help to ease pain, reduce loneliness and bring joy to children throughout their treatment process.
- Dream FactoryThe Dream Factory grants dreams to children diagnosed with critical or chronic illnesses who are 3 through 18 years of age.
- The Granted Wish FoundationIt's purpose is "To provide wish fulfillment to disabled, disadvantaged and deserving individuals and families." The foundation is not just for young or terminally ill; it is for anyone who deserves a wish!
- HopeKidsProvides ongoing events & activities and a powerful, unique support community for children with cancer and other life-threatening medical conditions.
- Jason's Dreams For KidsThe organization is devoted to granting wishes to children diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses. Bringing a little happiness and putting a few smiles on these children's faces is our goal - and hopefully, their parents faces, too!
- Kids Wish NetworkKids Wish Network is a nonprofit charitable organization whose sole mission is to grant wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. We're always looking for ways to provide unique services for sick children and their families that they are not likely to find anywhere else. Kids Wish Network has developed a funeral assistance program to assist the families of "our kids" who have passed away.
- Make-a-Wish Foundation of AmericaThis organization which serves all 50 states, Guam, and Puerto Rico grants wishes to children in the United States with terminal illnesses or life-threatening medical conditions that create the probability the children will not survive beyond their 18th year.
- Wishing Well Foundation USAThe Wishing Well Foundation will consider the wish of any child with a life threatening illness from ages 3 to 18. The Wishing Well Foundation receives referrals from doctors, nurses, and people just like you! Many of the wishes are for trips to theme parks or a special day with a special someone . . . perhaps a celebrity or hero. The wish can be most complex or very simple.
Regional (United States)
- A Kid Again - OhioProvides continuing support and lasting memories for children and adolescents with life threatening illness and their families.
- Carolina Sunshine For Children - South CarolinaProvides a ray of sunshine for South Carolina children with life-threatening illnesses. When a wish comes true, a child's beaming smile can be a positive, lasting memory for families going through difficult times.
- Dream Come True—PennsylvaniaDream Come True seeks to fulfill the dreams of children who are seriously, chronically, and terminally ill and reside in the greater Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania.
- Dreams Come True - Northeast Florida and Southeast GeorgiaProvides wishes for children battling life-threatening illnesses in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia. All children between the ages of two and a half and eighteen who have been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness and either live or are treated in Northeast Florida or Southeast Georgia, including Shands Gainesville, are eligible for a dreams. Children must be referred by their physician and have all activities approved.
- Dream Factory of GKC - Greater Kansas CityGrants wishes to seriously or chronically ill children aged 3 to 18 who live in the greater Kansas City area.
- Hang On to the Dream Foundation - Michigan If you are a kid 17 years of age or younger who is a positive role model for other kids, we may feature you on Fox 2 Detroit as well as present you with needed items, equipment, opportunities or finances that will help you to "Hang On to the Dream!"
Happiness Unlimited - New Jersey
- A unique, one-of-a-kind, wish-fulfillment program for adults with cancer.
- High Hopes Foundation of New Hampshire, Inc. - New Hampshire Dedicated to granting the wishes of New Hampshire’s severely and chronically ill children between the ages of 3 and 18.
- Hopes & Dreams Foundation of Oklahoma - Oklahoma A non-profit, volunteer organization which was founded to inspire children who have terminal illnesses, life-threatening medical conditions, or are physically challenged. The main goal of HOPES and DREAMS is to enrich the lives of the children in our foundation by sending them, as often as possible to events in the State of Oklahoma. These events are choosen for our children by our children! HOPES and DREAMS works hard to get tickets, passes, autographed pictures, and personal contacts for our children.
- Indiana Children's Wish Foundation - IndianaThe Indiana Children's Wish Fund grants the wishes of special Indiana Children who suffer from a life-threatening illness. These children are between the ages of 3-18.
- Kidd's Kids — TexasThis is a non profit organization within KHKS-FM Radio which each year takes children with special medical needs on the trip of a lifetime to Walt Disney World! Children selected for the Kidd's Kids trip are between the ages of 5 and 11, suffer from a chronic, terminal, or traumatic illness, reside in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and demonstrate a financial need.
- The Marty Lyons FoundationEstablished to fulfill the special wishes of children aged three to seventeen years old, who have been diagnosed as having a terminal or life threatening illness by providing and arranging special wish requests. The principal office is in New York, but the Foundation also operates chapters in New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maryland, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
- A Special Wish Foundation, Inc. - Mainly Ohio, Indiana, and ChicagoThis organization's mission is to enhance the quality of life for those children/adolescents (under 20 years of age) who have a life-threatening or terminal disorder by allowing their special wish to become reality. It has 21 chapters throughout the U.S. as well as a chapter in Moscow, Russia.
- Sunshine Foundation- NJ, DE, MN, FL, PA, WV Sunshine Foundation's sole purpose is to answer the dreams of chronically ill, seriously ill, physically challenged and abused children ages three to eighteen, whose families cannot fulfill their requests due to financial strain that the child's illness may cause.
- Wishing Star—Idaho and Eastern Washington StateThis organization grants wishes to children age 3-19 with life threatening diseases in Idaho and Eastern Washington State.
- Wish Upon a Star—CaliforniaOur assistance is available to children in the state of California. Most often children are referred to our program by medical staff working in the major Children's and University Hospitals. A statewide network of law enforcement personnel and community volunteers allows Wish Upon A Star to operate quickly, regardless of a child's location or circumstance.
- A Wish With Wings—TexasThis organization grants wishes to children with life-threatening or catastrophic illness between the ages of 3 and 17, who reside or receive treatment in the State of Texas or out of State with Board Members' approval.
- Children's Wish Foundation InternationalChildren's Wish will fulfill the favorite wish for any child not expected to reach age 18. Each wish, truly the child's own, must be completed while the child is healthy enough to fully enjoy it. The immediate family is included in the wish fulfillment, so that the child and family will share in the experience and create happy memories together.
- Starlight Children's FoundationThis organization is dedicated to brightening the lives of seriously ill children through wish granting and state-of-the-art in-hospital entertainment. It has a network of chapters located in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada.
- Make-a-Wish Foundation of India
This chapter which serves those in India helps children suffering from life threatening diseases realize their heart's desire.
- Make a Wish Foundation of Australia
To grant the Wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
- Children's Wish- Canada The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada works with the community to provide children living with high-risk, life threatening illnesses the opportunity to realize their most heartfelt wish.
- Cleaning for Cancer: making a difference at home
This newly formed nonprofit offers free professional housecleaning services to improve the lives of women undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Canada
- Angelwish - Join us and grant a holiday or birthday wish to a child living with Chronic Illness in the United States or United Kingdom through our special Amazon.com wishlists or contribute to the life sustaining needs of children overseas.
- Dial-a-Dream—United Kingdom
This organization strives to make Dreams a reality for children suffering a life threatening or debilitating illness, and thereby enabling them to continue their fight against their illness.
- Round Table Children's Wish - United KingdomGrant Wishes to children suffering from life-threatening illnesses.
- Hopes & Dreams - United KingdomHas a goal to fulfill the dreams of terminally and chronically ill children and young adults whether it be meeting their favorite singer or band, going to see their chosen football team, and meeting the players, going to see a show, visiting a theme park etc.
- When You Wish Upon A Star—United KingdomAims to fulfill the wishes of children with life threatening and terminal illnesses.
- Willow Foundation—United KingdomA charity dedicated to improving the quality of life of seriously ill adults aged 16 to 40 by organising and funding a ‘special day’ of their choice. Special days give young people with life-threatening or life-limiting conditions a chance to escape the difficulties of their daily routine and share quality time with family and friends while pursuing an activity they can all enjoy.
- Adult Wish FoundationTo grant “reasonable” wishes to adults; 18 and above with life-threatening illnesses; while supporting surviving family members. To enrich their lives with respect, love, and hope.
- Deliver the DreamFor families - when a child develops a life-threatening disease, or a parent is diagnosed with a debilitating illness
- Dream FoundationDream Foundation is a national wish-granting organization who grants the wishes of terminally ill adults aged 18 to 65.
- Never Too LateStaffed by a passionate group of volunteers who donate their time and talents to help make the dreams and wishes of the forgotten elderly and terminally ill adults come true.
- Twilight Wish FoundationHas a mission is to honor and enrich the lives of deserving seniors through wish granting celebrations connecting Generations.
- Veteran's Dream Foundation To help fund non profit organizations in support of veteran related projects throughout the United States; To assist disabled veterans and their qualifying dependentslfamily members;To assist and provide transitional and permanent housing for homeless and at risk veterans;To enrich the lives of all veterans and their families
- Willow Foundation—United KingdomA charity dedicated to improving the quality of life of seriously ill adults aged 16 to 40 by organizing and funding a ‘special day’ of their choice. Special days give young people with life-threatening or life-limiting conditions a chance to escape the difficulties of their daily routine and share quality time with family and friends while pursuing an activity they can all enjoy.
- Sunshine Kids- The Sunshine Kids provides a variety of programs and events, free of charge, for kids who are receiving cancer treatments in hospitals across North America.
- Bryan's Dream Foundation - Brain Tumor The purpose of the foundation is to fulfill Bryan's dream by providing hope and support to children with brain tumors as well as their families and to ensure that no child's life is ended prematurely.
- Silver Lining Foundation - CancerAmong other things, the Silver Lining Foundation provides wishes for children with cancer while their are receiving treatment.
Hunting / Fishing / Outdoor Adventures
- Benefit4KidsPrimary mission to grant the outdoor wishes of children with life threatening and life limiting illnesses.
- Buckmaster's Life HuntsLife Hunts grants hunting trips to critically ill and extremely disabled children and young adults up to age 21.
- Camp SunshineSupports children with life threatening illnesses and their families. The camp has the distinction of being the only program in the nation whose mission is to address the impact of a life threatening illness on every member of the immediate family—the ill child, the parents, and the siblings. Since its inception, Camp Sunshine has provided a haven for over 30,000 individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Catch-A-DreamGrants once-in-a-lifetime outdoor experiences to children 18 years old or younger who have a life-threatening illness. Any child, 18 years old or younger, who is a U.S. or Canadian citizen, has a qualifying physician- certified life-threatening illness, and has not had another hunting or fishing grant, is eligible for consideration.
- Hunt Of A LifetimeA nonprofit organization with a mission to grant hunting & fishing adventures and dreams for children age 21 and under, who have been diagnosed with life threatening illnesses. We are doing what we can to make a difference in their life, a dream come true.
- Outdoor Dream FoundationA non-profit organization that grants outdoor adventures to children who have been diagnosed with terminal or life-threatening illnesses.
- United Special Sportsmen AllianceA non-profit Christian organization that routinely coordinates with other caring organizations worldwide in fulfilling a dream wish. If you know of a child [or adult] who is terminally ill or disabled and would like to go on a FREE DREAM HUNT, FISHING TRIP AND CAMPING OR CANOEING please contact U.S.S.A and we will try to fulfill their “Dream Wish.” Working with deer, elk, turkey, bear, pheasant farms, and property owners as well as, preserves and ranches has made our hunting, fishing trips and outdoor adventures known nationwide.
- Dream a Little DreamThe purpose of Dream A Little Dream was to create a fantasy bedroom for a child who has been affected by an illness, disease, or unfortunate family event.
- Room to Dream FoundationThe mission of the Room to Dream Foundation is to create healing environments in hospitals, communities, and homes for children and adolescents who are facing chronic illnesses. As they recuperate and recover, our hope is that their renovated spaces will improve their quality of life, promote strength, imagination, self-worth, and aid in their recovery processes.
- Ride a WaveHas a mission is to give children with special needs the chance to feel the thrill of riding a wave and experience a safe, fun-filled day at the beach, whether they are physically, developmentally or economically challenged.
- Give Kids the World
This organization is not a wish-granting organization in the strictest sense. Rather, it works with other wish foundations to send children with life threatening illnesses to the Central Florida area. Every child that comes to Give Kids The World does so with the sponsorship of another wish granting organization. It has served children from all 50 states and more than 45 countries.
- Cleaning for A Reason Foundation Offers free professional housecleaning services to improve the lives of women undergoing treatment for cancer.